Wednesday, February 2, 2011

South Africa's Sweetheart... why we totally adore her



 1. You've been defined as a fun, mature, remarkably talented, fantastic,
 and ofcourse.. Dedicated.. With so many definitions of who you are how do
 you respond to them? And describe yourself in 10 words..


*Wow! All of that?! *giggles* Thank you! I'm very humbled by those
definitions and extremely happy that that is the person I come across as to
people because that is the core of who I am. I do not try to be like anyone
else, I'm very comfortable in my own skin and blessed that people love me
for who I am. Me in 10 words...uhmm..Bubbly, fun, crazy, hardworking,
dependable, loving, smart, spiritual, miss independent, kea phapha! *


 2. Your transition from TV to radio - YoTv To 'My House' alongside DJ
 Euphonik - is remarkable. Surely you went through many obstacles. Can you name
 a few? And how did you oveercome them?

*Thank you very much. It has been a hard journey in terms of crossing and
defying red tape but Euphonik has been amazing and very supportive
throughout all of it. When I stopped doing the Hot Off The Press feature for
some time in 2010 he called me and said I want you back on it and for me
that said 'There is something about you&you're adding something of value to
the show'. Since then really put 120% into the feature and being a part of
the show which I truly owe to Euphonik for his faith in me and my talent for
radio.

We have so much every Sunday night between 7-10pm, just madness! *

Overcoming the obstacles came down to one simple thing: me reminding myself
why I fell in love with radio. The days of Thato&Thato in the morning, DK @
Y with Dre and Khabzela, Unathi and Ruuuuddddeee Boyyyyy, Bad Boy T,Lee and
Sanza!Aaaaaahhhhh man, I knew every promo on Y! The DJs were entertaining,
educating, real and talented. *

I aspire to have that kind of impact on people via the airwaves. *

3. You are known by many for being the first presenters to land on YoTv and
 speak more than two african languages especially your mother-tongue: Venda.
 It's crystal clear that you are a very diverse lady and you are very proud
 of your culture and heritage. What advice can you give to those that are
 totally westernised and have lost appreciation for their culture?


*Don't feel pressurized to have to fit in! If you do not acknowledge,
understand, and respect the crux of who you are and where you come from then
you have a bit of a problem. You will forever be bouncing around from trend
to trend, group to group, trying to fit in. If those around you do not love
you for all that you are, do yourself a favour and move along! *

 4. What can we expect from CC in the new year? New shows?


*2011 is going to be a very exciting year! I will definitely be back on TV
screens but can't say too much about it right now except it will be well
worth the wait! *wink* I'll also continue to grow on radio this year and
work towards rocking my own show. My corporate career is my cornerstone at
the moment and I'm thoroughly enjoying being able to do everything at the
same time. *

Do Follow CC on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CCRavele

1 comment:

Nomusa Grandeur said...

You have always been sum1 i look up, eversince YO-TV i just love ur personality, it's great to see u spreadng ur wings to radio, I'll surely listen in. Im a young, motivated person myself so i guess i'll see you in three years when I'll b interviewing you on Top Billing. Many blessings dear.
PS- pls follow on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NK_Grandeur.